Sunday, April 1, 2007

Nifty J's and Polymer Clay

Well - I now know what is going on with the yarn I ordered and I should be receiving it next week. Woot!! I have plenty to keep me busy until then.

Ms. M - who taught me how to knit and is my yarn enabler - made me a superduper pair of jaywalker socks which I need to get a picture of and post. She was actually knitting them for herself out of the groovy Trekking XXL in color 180 (which I think is one of the most difficult damn colors to find). Anyhow, they didn't fit her so I inherited them. Here is a pic o' da yarn. Oooh.

<---The elusive 180


I did buy Ms. M a ball of Tofutsies - which is the coolest damn sock yarn ever - so I think the jaywalker socks are an even trade. Tofutsies has Chitin in it (made from shrimp and crab shells) which is naturally antibacterial. Nifty! Antibacterial socks!! Yay! Eventually, after all 19,000 other projects I have planned, I will get around to making myself some socks from Tofutsies too. I still have to finish the second Sassy Stripes sock for my sister and the pair of "two at one time" toe-up socks that I started for myself. Whew!

In other news, I have an idea of how to create some knitted and felted toys AND have some thoughts on opening up a cafepress shop with some knit inspired designs BUT who knows if and when any of those things will happen. Also, I got to thinking about the fact that I'm going to need some buttons for my "project" and have decided to try to make them myself out of polymer clay. Like I really need to get involved in ANOTHER craft. :rolls eyes:

Actually, I have made polymer clay beads before. I used them on hemp keychains I made and gave them out as gifts to other walkers during the 2001 Avon 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk. (Yes, I was one of those people who walked from Boca Raton to Miami and I have the screwed up toe to prove it!) Maybe I can find my keychain from that and put a pic of it up here....because after all....I am a bloggin' dork!!

Ooh ooh, speaking of that walk....my friend Robin, who I met during that walk, just emailed me the other day about my blog....so "Hi Robin!!" Actually, I didn't really meet him while walking....but in the emergency room getting treated for dehydration and calcium deficiency halfway through the walk. So...my PSA for this entry is "DRINK WATER!"

Knit on, Garth

No comments: