Monday, May 28, 2007
Friday, May 25, 2007
So here's the deal...(I got this disclaimer idea from Theresa)...I am going to play along but please do not tag/blag me again for at least 3 months. Danke!
And the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random facts or habits about his or her self.
- These blagged/tagged chosen ones are to write posts on their own blog about these eight facts.
- They are also to post these rules.
- At the end of their blog they will list eight people they have chosen to blag by listing their name and a link to their blog.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged, and to read your blog.
Here's my random facts:
1) I learned to knit on Mother's Day weekend 2006 (and haven't stopped since.)
2) I was a member of the Dixie Style Cloggers and won the Florida State Championships in 1985. I haven't clogged much since then.
3) One day, besides having the 2 cats I currently own, I would like to have 2 corgis. A Pembroke named Jordie and a Cardigan named Max. (Yes, I have already named my fantasy pets. I mean, a corgi named Jordie just cracks me up.)
4) I believe that skyr is as close as you can get to food perfection.
5) I am convinced that a "haberdasher" is a hat maker and no matter how much proof there is that I am wrong....I secretly believe that I am right.
6) I don't eat pork except for bacon. I know that in the grand scheme of things this does not make sense but in my world it does.
7) I used to keep my cd collection in order not only by artist but then by release date order of each of the artists albums.
8) It's difficult for me to come up with a list of 8 things about me....even though I can ramble endlessly about tons of different things.
Okay...now the 8 people/victims that I'm going to tag are:
Octavio - http://octaviodiaz.blogspot.com/
That Grrl http://thatgrrlca.blogspot.com/
Mrs. H. (who has already been tagged so I feel a little bad doing it again but I love her blog) http://ilikeyarn.blogspot.com/
Beaman - who has also already been tagged but I'm hoping to get a reply from one of the cats http://beamansworld.blogspot.com/
Lavender Sheep - http://lavendersheep.blogspot.com/
The wonderful Julian's blog o bloggy goodness http://www.julianbennett.blogspot.com
and I'll add more later...geesh this is work.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
The deadline is fast approaching but it's finally looking like a finished object! WOoT! Now I just need to finish the sleeves and put them on.
and the back.
Trust me, this thing looks much better in person. I should have pictures of it on a human being soon.
Lime N Violet Sleepover
Um...I don't think it's going to happen. Or....I don't think I'll be there. We'll see but as things look now...I don't think so. Ms. M. has the brilliant idea of saving up to go to Rhinebeck instead. OMG that would be so awesome.
Stitch N Pitch
I purchased the tix for the Stitch N Pitch. My only complaint is that we're out in an area where the seats don't have backs. Grrrrr..... But I'm looking forward to the goodie bag!
My sister is in Germany right now. She called a week ago from Austria and said she bought me some yarn there...yay! I also have some wonderful Wollmeise and Addi Lace needles being sent to her hotel. Okay, so I didn't get to forewarn her about the needle purchase....but they're small...I'm sure she'll find room in her luggage for them. Here is the awesome store I worked with to get the lace needles. Super customer service. And Claudia (Wollmeise) is super duper wonderful too. Highly recommend both.
Both of the cats, shecat Quirk and hecat Queue, are doing fine. I am totally addicted to lolcats right now and I'm trying to get mine onto the Icanhascheezburger site. Maybe one day they'll be internet stars!
I have purchased and received some wonderful yarns while I have been away from the blog. Pics and reviews coming soon...aka...after the "project" is done.
A big shout out to Knits Finished!! Rene is the most awesome person in the world!
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
It seems that Ms. M. and I are not going to make the trek out to Omaha to participate in the official Lime N Violet sleepover. However, we are not alone in this and sympathy sleepovers are popping up all over the globe. Seriously...the GLOBE. There is one planned for Britain. A group of people have mentioned interest in having one for the southeast US and since no one was really taking control of the situation...I have somehow stepped up to be unofficial team leader in getting it all together. I have created a survey to find out where, when, etc...for what works out best for people. Right now, Nashville is the front runner and if that remains the case, I think that there is someone local up there that I can pass on the unofficial leader hat to so she can make all of the hotel arrangements and such. Ms. M. came up with the idea of a "white elephant" sock yarn exchange which is quite popular with everyone - now we just need to come up with some rules for it.
If anyone reading this is interested in attending the Southeast Lime N Violet Sympathy Knitting Sleepover please fill out the survey.
Ah, the frog pond. The bane of a knitters existence (that and weaving in ends.) I have to rip out some of what I did yesterday on the "project" after realizing that I counted wrong. I think it ends up being about 450 stitches I have to take out. Grrrr. However, I'm going to weave in a "safety line" and rip it back to there so it shouldn't be TOO time consuming and no stitches should be dropped. Hopefully.
QUEUE BOY UPDATE
Thank you to everyone who has asked how Mr. Queue cat is doing. His eye is 100% better...but of course, on the same day that the eye all clears up he starts sneezing. He hasn't sneezed at all today and he's eating fine so I'm not going to be concerned about it.
ODDS AND ENDS
My black Crocs Mary Jane shoes have arrived and are awesome! I found out that Sports Authority online has free shipping on shoes right now and if you sign up for Google Checkout you get $10 off...so I ordered another pair in brown for $19.99 total. Awesome! Now my "stinky shoes" can be retired. Mary Jane crocs are a perfect way to show off hand knitted socks!
I have been in contact with Wollmeise, who is the nicest person, and we're working on my order of wonderful German sockengarne. WOOT! It will be delivered to my sister's hotel in Germany without problem.
Speaking of sis.... she leaves for her European studies trip this Sunday, after which she will hang around Germany for the Treffen festival in Leipzig. I am so proud of her!! Way to go Ber. (Okay, so I'm envious too.)